[Harp-L] Re: Will Scarlett

martin oldsberg wrote:
QUOTE
Can
I be the only one disturbed by what sounds as if he´s out of tune most
of the time? Or is it some effect of the amplification? (Harps
sometimes tend to sound out of tune when other instruments don´t --
a natural disadvantage of our chosen instrument?) Or is it that he´s
led the horse to water, but it won´t drink?  My pitch perception is
not impressive at all, so maybe it´s me, but something here seems to be
amiss. Should he have brought more harmonicas?
ENDQUOTE

I have to semi-agree with you there ... I downloaded the concert off Wolfgang's Vault without listening first and was mildly shockled by the dissonance of a lot of what I heard in my unfocused listen while packing for a trip north. Having heard Will live a couple of times and been really impressed with his playing, I was dismayed by what I heard in these recordings ... I'll have to listen again with more attention and see if that first impression is reinforced. Disturbing!

Bob Loomis
Concord CA