RE: [Harp-L] Special tuning questions

Ah ah ... some people have a great sense of humour here!

I do use an augmented 5 draw too (my 5 draw is a F# on my C diatonic harp).
For very different reasons than Jioseppi at the basis, but same result at
the end.

I mainly play jazz (cf. my youtube channel), and it's very important for me
to be able to change key at any time (even when playing blues in fact).
The balance of the harp, between draw and blow reeds, is essential to my
playing.
For example:
When blowing 4, 5, 6, I get a C Maj arpeggio.
When drawing 4, 5, 6, I get a D Maj arpeggio.
When bending 4, 5, 6, I get a Db Maj arpeggio.
When overblowing 4, 5, 6, I get a Eb Maj arpeggio.
(note that these arpeggios are present in 10 maj scales out of 12).

One can see that modes derived from the C Maj scale are no longer a
reference with that tuning.
I don't think about positions anymore, but only about keys and scales, as
any other chromatic instrument.
To me, it is a much easier approach when dealing with key changes while
playing a tune.

But I'm French so I like artificial complexity ah ah!

I hope that helps, and sorry for my approximate English,

Regards,

Jerome
http://www.youtube.com/JersiMuse