[Harp-L] Re: Waiting on a Friend.

I don't play much in 1st position (C harp in this case), but this one is a good candidate for that treatment, in my opinion. For one thing, it lends itself well to a "non-blues" kind of sound. (This song does not work well with too many blues flavorings in the mix.) You can do that little "do-do-do" bit at the :18-:35 with simple blow octaves. Also, the C harp has a voice that is closer to that of the sax than that of the F harp. As for the sax overlay, you can achieve that same general effect with almost all blow notes and a couple simple draw bends if you are not a purist who insists on a "note-for-note" duplication. I think it will retain that "light" sound of the original like this. (Only "problem" is that no one is likely to say, "Wow, check out that harp work!" )