From: Mox Gowland <mox.g@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] re: Will Scarlett
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, November 13, 2009, 2:02 AM

I wrote

>So I checked it out to listen to the infamous Will Scarlet
Wow !
10 tunes
5 key changes
1harp in G
Positions 1st - G , 2nd - D , 3rd - A , 4th - E , 12th - C (used to be called 6th)
Strangely enough, he playes nothing in 5th...
<
martin oldsberg replied ;

>Can I be the only one disturbed by what sounds as if he´s out of tune most of the time?

Considering that this recording

> http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/hot-tuna/concerts/winterland-december-31-1970.html ; <

of Will Scarlet & Hot Tuna (electric) was made almost 30 years ago (1970) it's more than likely that the harmonica used was tuned closer to J.I. than 12TET which could explain....

BTW Can anyone date when the 1st ET tuned Diato's were on the market place ?

Mox

http://www.youtube.com/user/hokumsheik ;

Française
http://www.myspace.com/mox_gowland ;
http://www.myspace.com/newhokumsheiks   ;

English
 http://www.myspace.com/moxgowland ;
http://www.myspace.com/newhokumshieks   ;

Française / English / Polski / Deutsch / Magyar
http://harmopoint.com