[Harp-L] Steve Miller hosts benefit for Norton Buffalo's

"My life changed for the better the day I saw Norton and his band being featured on an Austin City Limits some 30 years ago when I first got interested in harmonica.

Man, I wish that show was available on video!  It seemed like a dream watching that... I was hooked..."

Ken H in OH

Wow, you too Ken?! .........
   There's been 3 Austin City Limits that changed my life as a musician......Strength in Numbers, Eric Johnson. But the first was Norton. That show that night literally blew my mind. Here was someone I'd never heard of. I actually taped most of it on a cassette ( wish I could find it ) because I knew something special was happening. The band was sooooooo tight!....the pedal steel player also affected me with his tone on steel AND guitar. He was playing a Dean guitar at the time. I had to have that tone, so I packed up my 55 Les Paul Special, drove to Wauquegun Illinois to trade even up ( not the best decision I've ever made ).
I wonder if anyone would approach ACL about that show? If re-released, the money it could raise could go to his family. I'd buy it!

    Brian