[Harp-L] re: Will Scarlett

Can I be the only one disturbed by what sounds as if he´s out of tune most of the time? Or is it some effect of the amplification? (Harps sometimes tend to sound out of tune when other instruments don´t -- a natural disadvantage of our chosen instrument?) Or is it that he´s led the horse to water, but it won´t drink?
  My pitch perception is not impressive at all, so maybe it´s me, but something here seems to be amiss. Should he have brought more harmonicas?
Cheers,
Martin

Recieved a mail saying tht over on Wolfgang's Vault  today
http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/hot-tuna/concerts/winterland-december-31-1970.html

So I checked it out to listen to the infamous Will Scarlet

Wow !
10 tunes
5 key changes
1harp in G
Positions 1st - G , 2nd - D , 3rd - A , 4th - E , 12th - C (used to be called 6th)
Strangely enough, he playes nothing in 5th...

Now you'd think that Kaukonen and Casady could play in B wouldn't you ?

Mox