Re: [Harp-L] Steve Miller hosts benefit for Norton Buffalo's family

There is a video on the Norton Buffalo youtube area just entitled Norton Buffalo Instrumental. Does anyone know the name of this song? The opening of this particular version is "Echoes of the Last Stampede" but I never found out what the main song was titled. There was a period where this was the opening song of his shows and it was a helluva first number. This period came after he broke up the Stampede and played with the band shown here on a few videos, which was the forerunner of the Knockouts and had Johnny V on guitar. He had a fews songs from this era like this one, High Tide in Wingo, I'm Putting My Trust in You and some other videos here that were never recorded, at least never released on any record or CD I know about. If there is a missing CD with these songs someone please let me know.

Marc Spilka
Los Gatos, CA

Message: 7 Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 17:58:53 -0500 From: Robert Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Steve Miller hosts benefit for Norton Buffalo's family To: joe leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ken Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx> Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx Message-ID: <C720ABDD.7FB7%chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Smo-Joe, Yeah, too bad he didn't get more playin' time with some of the
other acts he toured with ala Miller, Doobies and others....he was used
sometimes for his background vcls and percussion skills I guess as they
didn't use harp on all the tunes,,,,

Ken, I agree....I forgot how cool 'Nobody wants me' is!!! Nice he uses both
axes in the same tune and it really works well....let's add this to the
essential Norton list!,-) Thanx for posting this Video!

I also, always love his CHROMO solo on 'When a Man Loves a Woman' it's on
THE ROSE (Bette Midler) soundtrack. He plays as pasrt of the horn section
and then steps out front to take the PERFECT solo!

Best,
Rob P