[Harp-L] Richard Hunter patch sets for Digitech RP255/355 coming soon

Hi all,

I'm in the process of converting my latest Digitech RP250 and RP350 patches to RP255 and RP355 formats.  The new formats should be ready within a couple of weeks, at which point anyone who owns the latest and greatest Digitech devices will be able to use my patches.  The price of a license for my patch set for any particular device is $25, which includes one year of free updates.  Contact me for more info if you're interested.

The RP255 and RP355 devices include some interesting new features compared to the RP250 and 350.  Besides additional amp models and effects, the 255 and 355 both include a 20-second looper, which is as much time as KD Lang has in her Akai Headrush looper.  The 355 also has a very cool "stompbox" mode, which allows you to switch delay and FX in and out with a single footswitch press.

However, the basic sound engine in the 255 and 355 is pretty much the same as in their older counterparts, and used 250s and 350s are selling for very attractive prices on eBay and from dealers like daddys.com.  If you want the steak with a little less sizzle, you might want to check out a used 250 or 350.  (Used 255s and 355s are hard to find, which I guess means that the people who own 'em don't want to give 'em up.)  By the way, I really recommend the 350 or 355 if you can afford it--either one of those boxes has more usable amp, cabinet, and FX models, and WAY more control over treble EQ, which is where you need it most with harp.

FYI, the lowest retail prices I've found on new 255s and 355s is via Proaudiostar.com in NYC.  They ship fast and free within the continental USA.  You can find them by searching on "RP355" on eBay.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter