[Harp-L] Fwd: Gussing Savoy Brown

Begin forwarded message:

From: joe leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: November 10, 2009 12:05:30 PM EST
To: Mojo Red <harplicks@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Gussing Savoy Brown

On Nov 10, 2009, at 9:13 AM, Mojo Red wrote:

Joe.... "Never heard of Savoy Brown?" Are you kidding?

I wasn't sure. It was a long time ago. I didn't know if anyone was that old.

"A Step Further" is one of my all-time favorite albums from that era. The song, Made up My Mind absolutely kills to the bone to this day. Youlden and Simmonds had such a cool, tough sound.

And you gussed them? For shame... for shame...

Yeah, I popped into a dive in Pittsburgh one time and they were on the bill. I thought they were really good. Can't remember the harp players name.

Still, I know they really played loud, so it's very likely no one could hear you play. I'll let you off the hook this time. :-)

Well, I WAS playing rather low and at the end of the bar. Trying to figure out the keys. I don't think that really qualifies as a true Gus. I'm happy that you are giving me a walk on this one. I'm soooo embarrassed.

Jo-Jo

Harpin' in Colorado, --Ken M. TeraBlu Band on My Space http://www.myspace.com/terablu