[Harp-L] gear vs technique

I listened to older recordings I did about 10 years ago.The gear was
excellent, 40s champ, a good Mexican green bullet, fairly new Lee Oskar
harmonicas. You could hear the tone come and go as I forgot and played too
hard, making the harp sound discordant. When my embrochure and breathing was
right, the gear sounded great, but when I was off, stuff sounded poor
despite stellar gear.

I can get the tone now. When I don't play every day (which is frequently) it
takes me longer to find the tone, and it's harder to maintain the tone. It
is not like riding a bicycle.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html