[Harp-L] Blues Challenge

Mike wrote:
Hello all,
My band competed in, and won, our blues societys competition to go to Memphis and represent them at the I.B.C. I would love some advice from anybody who has competed in the past at this event.ANY advice would be GREATLY appreciated.(Harp content) I front the band with vocals and harmonica. You can check us out if you like at www.myspace.com/doubletakebluesband. Thank you in advance for the advice
Mike

Mike,
I have never attended I.B.C. But I was part of the audience at the Baltic Blues Challenge, the winners of which will join you in Memphis. Most important is being yourself and doing your own style of blues. Keep the focus on originals rather than covers. And since stage time is limited, have everything prepared so that the show runs smoothly, e.g. no time wasted in searching for the next harp.
Good luck!
Harri