[Harp-L] practice apptitude and talent

I worked as a mason tender for years. My boss told me to set up. I asked him
how many bricks we needed. He looked at me baffled.
He said "count them". He could see the fireplace in his head well engough to
count the bricks. I told this story to a friend who builds amps. He didn't
see the point of the story. He thought everyone could do that.

I remember signing up for voice lessons. The professor played notes on the
piano and asked me to sing them. Huh? How do you do that? I've been playing
harp and keys for 35 years. Can I listen to the Beatles and pick out a
melody by ear? No. My sister at age 4 with no practice and no work, could do
that effortlessly.

Different people have different skills and apptitudes. It would be a dull
world if that weren't so.
--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html