Re: [Harp-L] Subject: Re: Trossingen

Jakob Kohl (Adler trio) is behind Will Galison. Dror Adler (Adler trio) is in front of Will Galison.

On Nov 5, 2009, at 8:49 PM, Winslow Yerxa wrote:

Let's see, from the 1993 photo I recognize a number of faces.

The three kneeling in the front are winners: Carlos de Junco (won diatonic jazz), Maria Wolfsberger in the middle with the puffy sleeves (won classical chromatic), and someone I don't recognize.

The grinning guy in the T-shirt with a beard is Jim McLaughlin, who had won one of the diatonic competitions in 1991. He has a reputation for being a sort of wild man with a strange knack for serendipity (just ask George Brooks about the bowl of whipped cream). Next to Jim, grinning in the dark glasses, is Mark Hummel. Jim, Mark, and Steve Baker were the blues diatonic judges (I was the timekeeper; everyone had a six-minute limit).

They guy in the back in bow tie with curly hair is classical virtuoso Hans Chmel.

Assuming there are only three rows of standees (the middle row seems to break inconsistently into a fourth row), Will Galison is second from the right and Jean Labre ("Labrr(uh)") is fourth from the right.

I imagine that Steve Baker could fill in the rest.

Winslow

They guy at the far right in the front row is Gerhard Mueller, Hohner executive and President of FIH (Fédération International de l'Harmonica)

Winslow Yerxa