[Harp-L] Winslow as a concert performer

I write a lot about harmonica but perhaps few of you on harp-l have heard me play.

Below is a link to a concert performance I did in May 2009, with a violinist, Tuula Tossavainen Cotter and guitarist Ehlert Lassen, with the orchestra-sized San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers joining in at the end.

Tuula Tossavainen Cotter is a classically trained violinist who is very much into Celtic and Finnish fiddle tunes and plays some jazz as well (we did a duo set at Slide Man Slim's Jazz Harmonica Summit in August (http://jazzharmonicasummit.com/) - more about that when the DVD is closer to release. Tuula and I are developing some repertoire that will be a unique blend of different styles.

The linked performance starts with a slow air called Mouth of Keswick, which I play in G on a Low D chromatic (a modified Hohner 270 with a stainless steel comb), then moves to a lively Finnish tune called Vesivehmaan Jenka, which I play on a Seydel Concerto in G (similar to a Hohner Auto Valve). We finish up with the large group playing a French Canadian reel called La Grande Chaine. The guy in the kilt is Alasdair Fraser, one of the world's top Scottish traditional musicians and the founder and leader of the San Francisco Scottish Fiddlers.

I hope you like it. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsJkRcwZkCw

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa