[Harp-L] blues scale

I spent some time on the piano yesterday mapping out the notes I play with
just a simple Chicago blues riff on the harp.

2nd posttion, in the key of A I used these notes to harmonize with an A
chord E,F#, G, A C, C# (played in octave) and D (also in an octave).

I learned harp before I learned music theory so my harp playing is
instinctual. On the piano, I never would have played some of those notes.
Learning to play harp riffs on the piano has greatly improved my piano
playing. Also some easy harp riffs are very difficult on the piano (for
example a jump from a D octave to an A note).

As I write songs and always struggle to come up with music for the songs, I
find harmonica to be a very good tool for writing melodies.
.
--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html