Re: [Harp-L] Etruscan Rob

Hi Mike,

Thanx so much for adding my version of Steely Dan's PEG to your website. I always felt their music sat well on Harmonica especially the Chromatic!

On this Instr Version of the song I decided to play the Melody on Chromatic. I also triple tracked 12 & 16 hole Chromatics for the answering type horn lines. On the solos and comping I used a Diatonic in Cross and The Bass was used to double some Synth type lines in the songs middle section.

I start the song with the old PEG OF MY HEART played on a country tuned diatonic..

Glad you like it....Here is a nice review on the CD in the new Dec 2009 issue of "Vintage Guitar Magazine":

Rob Paparozzi

Etruscan Soul

The range of music on Etruscan Soul is astounding. Singer-harpist Paparozzi is joined by a cast that includes Will Lee, Bernard "Pretty" Purdie, Phoebe Snow, Hugh McCracken, Leo Nocentelli, Shawn Pelton and more Guitar besides McCracken and Nocentelli, is handled by George Naha, who plays outstanding lead.

The scope of the music ranges from one of the best Beatles covers you'll hear to covers of Steely Dan, Cream, Ray Charles, Stephen Stills, Randy Newman and Sting. The opener, a swinging, bluesy version of "Ticket to Ride" is amazing, harp lays down the melody and the band cooks with Purdie on drums, and a slinky solo by Naha.

Paparozzi proves a soulful vocalist on "In the Heat of the Night", done as a gospel ballad. He reworks Sting's "She's Too Good for Me" as a boogie with great vocal, harp solo, and a nasty slide guitar from Jimmy Leahey. The whole band channels Richard Tee and Stuff on "Love the One You're With"; if you're a fan of Eric Gale, you'll like Naha's solo here.

A cover of "Strange Brew" is done up with a New Orleans funk feel. As you'd expect, Nocentelli's playing is perfect, if not very Clapton-like.

Paparozzi's choice of covers, and the way the players deliver them, is inspired. This disc is fun, and very well executed. - John Heidt

all the best, Rob

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Easton" <diachrome@xxxxxxxxxxx>