Re: [Harp-L] 1) Best starting key? 2) Which keys to buy first? 3) Learning order?

 I recommend "C" to start, with "A" as the second one to buy. Followed by "D", "F" (high), and then Bb.

As the student progresses, I suggest they get a high "G" and a low "G" - practicing all their techniques for creating notes through bending techniques with a high and low pitched harmonica in order to work the challenges out at extreme ranges. (If you can go loser than low "G", that's great, too.)

-----Original Message-----
From: Opus314 <Opus314@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 22 May 2009 10:00 am
Subject: [Harp-L] 1) Best starting key? 2) Which keys to buy first? 3) Learning order?

1) What is the best harp key for a beginner to start with? Most easy
to play?

2) Once you are ready to buy a 2nd, 3rd, etc harp... what keys would
you suggest... say if you were only going to buy 5 to 7 harps to begin
with?

3) Once you have your first 5 to 7 harps... what order would be the
most easy to learn them?

Thanks,