From: Richard Hammersley <rhhammersley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Recording Software Opinions
To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, May 13, 2009, 4:57 PM

In my view for intuitive use you cannot beat garageband, but you need a mac to run it. I know people who have never used audio software before who get it to work in less than an hour. Garageband is miles better than audacity. Its only serious limit is that you are restricted to recording on one channel at a time (I think).
Apple have also bought the Logic system and offer Logic Studio and Logic Express at reasonable prices. These are likely to be even better in terms of features and the reviews suggest that they are also very intuitive to use. There are reasons why many music and film pros use macs.

One can now do audio mixing and editing tasks in 2 minutes that took hours if not days 25 years ago.

On 13 May 2009, at 21:44, oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I use Digital performer and Finale to do sequencing.
> Here is a good example of both working together.
> The harpsichord is a digital file ranther than midi from Finale.
> The harmonica was recorded with Digital performer using a CBH 2016
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU8l91psJUw&feature=channel_page

Richard Hammersley
Grantshouse, Scottish Borders
http://www.last.fm/music/Richard+Hammersley