Subject: [Harp-L] Heating Pads for Chromatic

That's one good idea, Steve.  But if one doesn't wish to have to  reboil
each time, I found getting a box of something called "little  hotties'...hand
warmers. 40 pairs in the box (with a bonus of 3 pairs of toe  warmers)..from
Costco this past Fall for something around $7 - $8.oo...if I  remember
correctly (buying them online costs at least twice as much)..served the  same
purpose and they say they're environmentally friendly to dispose  of.

The suggestion is to keep each little 'hottie' inside 'a glove, pocket',
etc...they get up to 135 degrees fahrenheit...so kept with  a  chromatic
inside a soft pouch or pocket is ideal.  Each  provides minimum of 8 hours of
warmth.  They are disposable, easy  to pack and travel easily in a bag or the
car.  The only codicil is that  they can take up to 20 minutes to reach
maximum heat.

 I've only used a few, so have tons left, which will last me for a  very
long time.  Will have a few with me for the freezing hotel conditions  I'm
sure to encounter at SPAH.<G> With the blasting air conditioning, it's  usually
as cold inside the hotels in the summers here as it is outdoors in  the
winter....so wearing the chromatic across my body in a pouch I made  especially
for this purpose with the handwarmer inside will serve a
dual-purpose...keeping both the chrom AND me warm. ;)

here's a link:

_http://www.littlehottieswarmers.com/products.aspx_
(http://www.littlehottieswarmers.com/products.aspx)

Elizabeth
PS.  Robert Bonfiglio used a regular plug-in heating pad atop  a stand with
his chromatic folded in the middle in between demonstrations  during his
Seminar at the Grand Canyon.  At home I move my  everyday playing CX-12's from
beneath my monitor stand to under a halogen  light beside my computer for a
few minutes prior to playing them.

Message: 15