Re: [Harp-L] Super Loud Bands

46long Blake wrote:

> I dunno. I've been in these type of bands before...I may again. What I've
> seen happen a bunch is that it all starts at a reasonable volume,

really?  i've never seen that happen.
what usually happens at the jam is that they start of mic'ing
the drums.  bad start.  then the bass has to play loud enough
to hear.  at this point, we're already too loud.  then add guitarist,
keys, and harp.  then the leader tells us to keep it down, but it's
already too late for that.

i sometimes worry that i'm too loud.  hard to tell with earplugs.
then i listen to the recording, and nope, can't hear me, or barely can.
oh well.

> That, plus booze and ego.....

gotta love booze and ego, the officials fuels of loud music everywhere.