Re: [Harp-L] Splitter cable question

Tony Eyers wrote:
<I think that, for live use, if it sounds fine then it is fine. The fewer
<things to power the better.
<
<As a (satisfied) customer of your patches, I'm interested in this, as no
<doubt others are. Were you running the same patch in each of the RP boxes?
<
<I have an RP100 and an RP50. The patches sound fine in the RP100, I've
<yet to try them with the RP50. Do you know if the RP50 internals are the
<same as the RP100/200 The 9V DC operation of the RP50 is attractive.

Last night I bought a 1/4" to 1/4" straight line coupler from Radio Shack for $4.69, which allows me to take the direct box out of the picture.  The setup works fine with the mic coupled directly to the splitter cable.

I'm not running the same patch in the RP200/250, first because it could only be approximately done, given that the sound engines aren't the same, and second because you get a more interesting sound in my opinion when each device is doing something different.

Regarding the RP100 and RP50--the sound engine in the RP50 is the same as the RP100, so the patches I designed for the RP200 theoretically will work.  However, as I recall the RP50 has a lot less fine-tuning than the RP100 or 200 in its patch parameters--for example, you set gain on a scale of 0-10, I think, as opposed to 0-100.  So adjustments will be necessary.

I'm telling you man, big sounds.

Regards, Richard Hunter
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter