Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Honker

I've been using a HH for over 5 years. Very satisfied. I don't use the effects much, but it certainly is convenient - I don't worry about holding a microphone. I can give my full attention to my harmonica.

-LM

steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I went to a small club tonight where we are playing next weekend. The band was some friends who play mostly blues.
Anyway, my band doesn't play blues and I was offered a chance to sit in.
About a month ago, I bought a Harmonica Honker mic and I had it in the car in my gig bag.
I have to say, this mic has worked really well for me. I plugged into the PA tonight, turned the tone up to "dirty" and it sounded really good. It took about 10 seconds to get a volume level and that was all that it needed.
I held off on buying this for quite awhile for a silly reason. I didn't like the name. I didn't want to "honk." I just wanted to fatten my sound.
In the band I'm in, we run everything through the PA. I was playing through an SM58, and it was OK. But I have played the last 3 weekends with the Honker and it's better for what we do. I can run clean for country (actually, I have never yet run completely clean), but when we do something that needs a little more overdrive sound, all I have to do is change the setting.
  My MySpace page has a little sample (it's on the Improptu Blues song).
that link is:
www.myspace.com/wspudmusic
I love it when something works for me.
Steve Webb in Minnesota