[Harp-L] Good harps, bad harps

Reading the posts today on Marine Bands quality (or lack thereof) just points out what we should all know. Nobody likes the same thing.
I have played almost every brand of harp over the years. Every brand has good and bad.
I'm a SP20 player, though i also play a couple of Bushman Delta Frosts. I don't care for Marine Bands. I set up a D Marine Band earlier this year for someone and it was a terrible harp out of the box. I tried a Big River D and it was literally not playable and, even after a lot of work, was barely playable. Those are just my personal experiences.
But I think Sp20 harps out of the box are usually pretty good. Chris, whose opinions I hold in high esteem, doesn't like them.  When I first tried Bushman harps, I didn't like them. Then I found that some tweaking made them work well for me. Right now, my A Delta Frost is my best harp.
I don't overblow, but I also don't play hard. I play little blues. My band is more of a country/country rock type of music.
Anyway, you know what they say: Opinions are like asses.. everybody has one.
Steve Webb in Minnesota