[Harp-L] sp20 harps and customizing.

I don't like sp20s and I can't make them as responsive as a GM or MB.
I'm sure the issue is the comb because I have sitting here, a badass
Ab sp20 for Warren Bee but the difference is, I put a composite comb
on it so it's more like a marine band with sp20 covers. This is a very
nice harp but it's been modified.

I also have a key of G and F sp20 but they have been dismantled and
are in the middle of being modified so I couldn't test them.  I didn't
even play them before I took it apart to rebuild as I assume they will
be like all of the other sp20s I've tried... DOGS.

*****
Buddha says
>Of all the harps I have been building I get the best results with
>Marine Bands and Golden Melodies.

I remember you recently saying that you don't care as much for SP20s.
Is that just a subjective/feel thing? As all three classic Hohner
models use the same reedplates I'd be curious if you think there's
something that prevents them from playing at the level of customized
MBs and GMs.

As an aside I bought a GM this past weekend that for me was almost
unplayable out of the box. After embossing and gapping it's one of the
most responsive, overblow friendly harps I've ever had.

Seems the goods are in Hohners but might sometimes stay hidden for
those who don't tweak.

Paul