[Harp-L] questions about ode tuning

richard

i have often wondered why more players don't use the paddy tuning in second position as opposed to the melody maker tuning.  for my simple music i find it more flexible.

thanks
clyde

Philharpn wrote:
<If Ode doesn't work on a Richter diatonic, as some have pointed out
<(original survey results and current comments) what diatonic tuning does it work best

<on?
<
<Or does it really require a chromatic? And in what key does it sound and/or
<work best -- according to the original stipulation?

The melody is completely diatonic, so a chromatic isn't necessary.  My instrument of
choice for diatonic would probably be a Paddy Richter in 2nd position.

Regards, Richard Hunter

Click to get free auto insurance quotes from top companies.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2131/fc/BLSrjnsHEaD4jHnqCosthi17rXkKhKXhQOKSPKpe7sLQk9lLt2kkcBGEwZS/