Re: [Harp-L] Bone diatonic comb

A Black Cat Bone might be cool - imagine, a harp with built in mojo!

----- Original Message ----- From: "shawn chain" <spolcyc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 8:04 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Bone diatonic comb

I am just learning harmonica, but i love to tinker. I'm already fiddling around with hardwood combs (ebony and snakewood) because i love the weight. I'm curious, has anyone experimented with bone as a comb material. I've heard that water buffalo bone is better for scrimshaw because of it's greater density compared to cattle bone, but i have yet to find a good source.

siklopz