Re: [Harp-L] Re: Kudos

Christelle Berthon schrieb:
(...) thousands of Marine Band that're simply unplayable right out of the box

and

(...) consider that it has been a good while now that Hohner is producing
probably the worse
quality harmonica right out of the box ever made.....

Hi Christelle,

I can`t agree. I never bought a Hohner harmonica that was unplayable out of the box. Sure, sometimes the gapping is not perfect and sometimes the fine tuning may be deviating a few cents. But the same I can say of all other brand harmonicas that i have. I am playing mostly Hohners, but also Herings, Seydels, Suzukis, Lee Oscars...

I am not one of those, who open up a new harp to change gapping or tuning before they are playing a note. Only it it is really necessary after some time of playing.

Maybe you have other expectations to an out of the box harp than I have.

Greetings

Otto

PS: the last reeds that broke on my harmonicas were hole six draw on a low F Seydel Blues Favorit (diatonic) and hole seven blow on a D Hering CM 48 (chromatic).