Re: [Harp-L] Bending the 6 draw

Leonidas;
                Unless there is something seriously wrong with your C
harp, you should be able to bend draw 6 from the natural pitch A down to
Ab (or G# if you prefer)
                In my years of playing, I can't say that the six hole
has been a problem.
                Just keep practising is my advice! It's the first
twenty or thirty years that are the hardest.....

Best of luck,
Rick Dempster
Melbourne,
Australia

>>> Leonidas Galanis <thebuzzgr@xxxxxxxx> 21/03/2009 8:32 >>>

Hello!

I play a song witch needs (in a c harp) a g# on 6. I can do that by
drawing. Is it a simple bending? My "problem" is that i can do that only
using my proharp in A! I cannot get even close using my C SP20 , my F
proharp, my G ang C MB , my D bluesharp or any other harp i own...

Any suggestions?

shall i open my SP20  (this is my favorite and by far better at 1 to 5
bends) and do something with the reeds? Or it is just my technique?

thanks a lot

Leonidas Galanis (Greece)