[Harp-L] John Cephas & Phil Wiggins

For those who have never enjoyed John Cephas & Phil Wiggins, here are a few
videos.

John, who died recently, plays in the Piedmont finger style manner and Phil
usually plays Marine Bands in second position.

This is not a teaching video, but notice how Phil adds constant comps without
getting in the way and even plays the melody of the song for a chorus and
incorporate the blues cliches into his arrangement to make them sound new.

   I saw them many times during 6 Blues Weeks at the Augusta Heritage
Workshops at Davis & Elkins College, Elkins W.VA. Great people to hang out with and
Phil offered some of the best harp instruction I've ever experienced.

Hope this helps,

Phil

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for
$10 or less. (http://food.aol.com/frugal-feasts?ncid=emlcntusfood00000001)