[Harp-L] Ode Challenge Revisited (was Augmented)

Hi Richard

> The whole purpose of the Ode to Joy Challenge was to provide a test of
> whether a "difficult" bent note like the draw 3 double bend (B down to A on a
> C harp) could be played in an exposed setting without disrupting the flow

When playing a tuning like Augmented on "Diatonic", 50% of the notes are wholetone/halftone bends. That means it's "Ode Challenge" on 10 holes all the time ;-)

I'm aware there is a limit how clean the bent notes can sound. In my experience, I find it easier to adapt the tone of the "clean" notes to the bent instead (embochure) than vice versa.
Also, it seems to me that harps like GM /580 generally provide cleaner bent notes than MB/SP20 (could be subjective though).

I'd love to listen to the tracks again (Winslow's links don't work anymore) and see how I do in comparison :)

best regards
Buzap