Re: [Harp-L] Augmented Spanish Tuning : still anyone else playing?

Hello,

I still mostly play standard Richter layout, and I have only been
playing harmonica 9 months. However, I soon realized that in the long
run I want to focus on one of the tunings with a repetitive pattern
and I made myself an augmented short harp of a golden melody and an
diminished of a special 20. I also bought two diminished seydels.The
major reason I focused on diminished was that I only had to controll
one-step bends and thanks to this be to better train my ear, but I
don't like the spread out layout. So I tend to play more and more
augmented. I also gonna make myself a valved Whole tone and maybe some
other harps on the same theme.

I would love to hear some recordings with this kind of layouts of more
simple and familiar songs. Ludos recordings and Chafers or Hirchs
recordings sound okay to good when I listen to them, but I can't
really compare it or differ the player from the instrument/layout
because I don't know their songs. So personally I try to record myself
playing the same simple songs that I am well familiar with and can
play with ease unbent on Richter diatonic, you know, the songs that
everyone know (like Ode to Joy or Greensleeves and scales) in
different positions.
I'm not skilled enough yet to post my own exercises but if someone
have something like this recorded and would love to listen to them.

This reminds me of something... I saw that Winslow and Hunter did Ode
to Joy challenge a few years ago. However I was not able to listen to
recordings posted to them (search the Internet and you will find some
information about this), I ran in to it when I was searching
information about Ode to Joy with harmonica because I basically had
the same idea - that it would be a good piece to try something like
this on. So if the recordings still exist I would love to listen to
them. (Btw. I was pleased to find out that two harmonica players light
years ahead of me picked the same song for the this purpose - even if
they played it in second position on a richter short harp.)

So Yes, Buzap, I want to get in touch and talk about augmented spanish tunings.

//Björn Sigurdsson
Sweden

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Buzap Buzap <buzap@xxxxxxx>