[Harp-L] CALRAD D-600 MIC

I love these mics, and you got a great price. They were sold under a number of different labels, including Calrad, and I buy every one I find on eBay usually. Mostly I use the shells, replacing the low-z element and transformer with a nice 99A86, which fits right in the smaller bullet shell without a gasket. They fit nicely in the hand. The original element is quite hot with the transformer, but a little to tinny for my test.  I save these transformers for use with other low-z elements that I occasionally come across and they work well. In fact my favorite mic, and the hottest I've built personally, is a JT-30 shell with a low-z CM and a Calrad 600 transformer...though a bit on the heavy side.

- Robert