Re: [Harp-L] Learning, Grammar and Theory

The educated and theory soaked musician may act superior towards those lower down on the food chain

This is not a one way street. As Robert McGraw pointed out it works in both directions. Again this is difficult stuff. Playing music involves emotional risk and you leave yourself vulnerable in so many ways. People's reactions are often to armour up and lash out to keep themselves safe. Mutual respect is a goal. I don't know that it is always achievable. My wanting to avoid contempt is selfish. It's all so counter productive and poisonous for *ME* to engage in. Work your own program and as always your mileage may vary. fjm