FW: [Harp-L] Pimping for Slidemeister

>>Gary, sounds like you're a pretty good harmonica player

You flatter me!

>>... harmonica spokesman, not so much.

Well, I'm trying.

>>I'm a diatonic player aspiring to improve on chromatic (and everything,
always,) looking for direction, resources and a healthy dose of open
mindedness. Your representation of slidemeister in that clip did not give me
the impression that I could find much of any of that there.

Lots of great information and many talented members-I have gained much from
there, as I have from this list.

>>With so many harmonica players that have done and are doing fantastic,
unprecedented and never thought of before things with a diatonic, a
comparison trying to display the "weaknesses" of a diatonic is futile.  No
need for one side or another.  Blow me away with the chrome.  Straight up
what can that baby do compared to nothing, because there's nothing like it.
That will intrigue me.

My point is simply that anybody who plays diatonic and is interested in
being able to play outside of a tonal center with precision and accuracy
should have a chromatic.

I am afraid that I am not the one to blow you away with the chromatic-but
there are some on Slidemeister who can!

And I still reach for a diatonic when that is the right tool for the job.

Gary