[Harp-L] teaching position playing (a further thought)

Robert,

This involve scales, but the breath pattern for the major pentatonic scale in first position is the same as the minor pentatonic scale in 4th position. Same notes, different starting point, same breath pattern.

The breath pattern for the minor pentatonic scale in 5th position is the same as the major pentatonic scale in second position. Same notes, different starting point, same breath pattern.

I discovered these relationships after I learned 4th and 5th positions, but I imagine it could be an interesting teaching point. FWIW.

JP