[Harp-L] Harp L Re: Custom Harps

I think that playing customised harps make a huge difference.
Not being able to afford the custom harps available, I customise my own and the difference is like night and day to a stock harp (I'm playing Marine Bands)

Although if your technique isn't good to begin with then the best harp in the world won't help you play better.
What a custom harp does is to allow a good player to have an instrument that responds exactly as he / she wants it to, when they want it to!

In my experience a custom harp bends more easily and more precisely on all the bends than a stock harp and the action is faster allowing for a more fluid playing style.

But like a good amp or mic. A custom harp will not give you "That" sound. The only thing that can do that is you! It's a little thing called practice!

Paul