[Harp-L] foam for harp case

Good call on Jo-Ann?s Elizabeth.

I made what I consider to be a very serviceable harp case using an old
briefcase and some foam and fabric purchased from Jo-Ann?s.  I cut one inch
strips of the foam and glued them about ½? apart to a 1/8? sheet of plywood
that I had cut out to fit on the inside of the briefcase.  I then covered
the foam with some soft crushed velvet type of cloth gluing and tacking the
cloth to the plywood in between the rows of foam.  I overlapped the edges
with the cloth so no wood would show when I inserted it into the briefcase.
The finished product holds about 20 standard diatonics, a couple of tremelos
and a 14 hole 364 Hohner.  I?m pretty pleased with the result because now I
don?t have to carry a show box full of harps and harp cases around anymore.

Tom Halchak

Clearwater, FL

Database version: 5.11920