Re: [Harp-L] Re: custom harps

Hi all,

Just want to chime in on this one.  Custom harps sound great to my  ear.
Especially the chords and octaves.  BUT, if you blow and draw  forcefully, watch
out. They blow out easily in the mouths of hard blowing  players.  Or should I
dare say non-trained players. I know this first hand,  since I have blown out
a few at gigs playing too hard (trying to keep up with  the guitar volumn). On
the other hand, these harps have taught me to play with  more finesse and
technique. Expensive lessons. I still have a few I enjoy  playing, but I have to
send some back now to get re-tuned. Mainly because  of my previous lack of
technique. It was like taking a high end ski and sending  a semi-skilled skier
down a rocky slope. I hit a lot of rocks and dulled the  ski. Now that I know
how to make turns I like riding these harps. Still learning  though.

Best regards,

Chris Mastakas

In a message dated 3/7/2009 3:22:51 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,