[Harp-L] harp-l poster etc

Venky writes:

> I will volunteer to put up the
> posters if SPAH/ harp-L can create one and
> distribute electronically.

Harp-l has a drawing which is used as a logo of sorts on the harp-l web
page.  We do not have permission to use it in any other application.  I'm
not even sure who the artist is anymore.  What harp-l is. A networking and
communication tool.  What we aren't.  Content providers or an
organisation.  We're really just a couple of domain names and some e-mail
list software.

To be clear harp-l and SPAH have no financial or organisational
affiliation.  Personally I belong to and support SPAH.  At one time SPAH
did help out financially with the fees associated with keeping harp-l on
the internet.  That relationship changed when we migrated to our current
provider Rimu Hosting.  Not because SPAH decided not to sponsor us but
because the costs involved in keeping us on the net had declined to a
point that sponsorship was no longer necessary and our preference was to
have SPAH use the money that would have spent on us in other ways more
directly related to their primary function and mission the annual
harmonica convention.

So why does the SPAH footer persist at the bottom of every post?  Mainly
gravity and a deep respect and sentimentality for the organisation.  I can
imagine that this is news to many of you.  It is not a deeply guarded
secret and in fact I have plainly stated the situation previously and
publicly on harp-l in the past.  harp-l-listowner