Subject: [Harp-L] Question: I need to replace the foam inset in my Harp Case?

Hi Guy:

I bought a waterproof case for my Ipod from from  the FoamAmerica people, and
with it the pick and pluck inserts for two  separate cases I had and wanted
to turn into harmonica cases... looked up what  would be the corresponding
correct sizes and ordered them (for far less than the  usual pick and pluck
charges)...

They can still be customized to fit if the outside dimensions aren't  perfect
(I've made chair cushions in the past and used an electric carving  knife,
but Ymmv)... the pick and pluck gives you lots of  configurations....

...the number of layers will depend on the depth of your case.   For my small
12 x 7 x 5" mexican leather 'train' case, I have a 3 layer 'set',  with the
inside main foam about 2 inches thick...

For a much bigger hard sided small suitcase I originally thought to use as  a
gig case (should I ever require one <G>), the matching foam inserts came
also as a 3 layer set, but the middle section is a good 4 inches  deep...with the
eggcrate layer for the inside of the lid.

Definitely worth checking out, since the prices are well  under those from
the Pelican site (same products).

Here's an example (I don't know the size of your case, but making a rough
guess):

_http://www.foamerica.com/1552-pick-n-pluck-sections-only-set-of-2-for-pelican
-.h_
(http://www.foamerica.com/1552-pick-n-pluck-sections-only-set-of-2-for-pelican-.h)

..and this next company sells both the pelican cases and the replacement
foam for their cases (which are all identified by number, so if you can find the
size of the case and compare it to yours, you'll know what replacement set
of foam will fit):

_http://www.boss-safety.com/shop/pelican-1602-replacement-pick-pluck-foam-sect
ions-only-1600-case-p-1685.html_
(http://www.boss-safety.com/shop/pelican-1602-replacement-pick-pluck-foam-sections-only-1600-case-p-1685.html)

...on 2nd thought I'm not 100% positive which of the two companies I  finally
ordered from...it's been a while.  It could have been the  latter, after I
compared prices, shipping charges, sale prices and the  like.

Check out the sites even if you don't want to buy the foam..they give good
tips on how to customize foam for a case, anyway.

Elizabeth

"Message: 9