  From: Richard Hammersley
  To: jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx
  Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, March 07, 2009 3:14 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] re: custom harps

  My sentiments entirely.

  Also, I think that (a) the custom set-up required to do overblows is
  problematic if you like to hammer at the harp as I do, it feels like
  playing the guitar with gloves on,  and (b) valved diatonic harps can
  do a lot and, while they are expensive, they are not as expensive as
  the customised ones. Finally, I continue to be perplexed at people's
  desire to play inexpensive Hohners all customised out, rather than try
  other makes that seem (to me) to be better in the 1st place. I have
  been very impressed by the quality of modern Suzuki, Lee Oscar and
  Hering harps. I am also simply puzzled why people who buy the
  allegedly rubbish and unplayable modern Golden Melodies, Special 20s
  and Marine Bands don't complain and send them back?

  Richard

  On 7 Mar 2009, at 17:22, jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

  > I have not reached the plce in my musical journey where it is the
  > quality of
  > the harmonica that is holding me back.
  >
  > --
  > Rainbow Jimmy