Re: [Harp-L] Harmonica Shelf Space (jp-nyc)

I've been to Sam Ash many a time. They've had some good harmonica books over the years. The harps are OK. Better for chromatic, imo. They do have a selection of diatonic models (I've seen Lee Oskars, Big Rivers, Marine Bands, Special 20s and Golden Melodies (Melodys?), but again, usually in just a couple of keys, mostly in C. But I give them credit for doing better than most other brick & mortar places.

I don't know if the rise of online harp stores (when I was first looking, all I knew about was Best Lil' Harp House but now there's Coast 2 Coast, Harp Depot, and at least a couple others. Plus places like Musician's Friend offer variety and good prices on harp too) but if it wasn't the rise online stores alone that's driven down shelf space in the b&m stores, I believe it helped.

-Jp