[Harp-L] custom harps

On this subject, I only use Joe Spiers worked on harps. He took all the
different main builder's harps and made them sound 100% better. Many were out of
tune from the onset, did not have the right action, and Joe fixed them up to
where I know have invested in my playing to where I have a decent supply,
which  took many years of buying them from the so called greats of customizing and
not  being satisfied. Joe S. is the only person that will ever touch my
harps. I  remember getting them from others and they were too "airy', light in the
ass,  where you were afraid to play your custom harps until a gig, and they
generally  went bad in one night. I remember getting 14 out of tune harps from
one of the  main three and having a bad experience when trying to get my money
back after  sending them back as he could not get them in tune. Joe said his
work was  terrible and there were many I could never play. I will not name
names, that I  don't need to get into. Joe S. sets them up for Chicago style
playing. They can  still go out of tune if you play harp enough, any harp will.
Joe's custom harps  he builds are just perfect. I have been Joe's litmus tester,
as I have worked  with him from the onset, as no one is more particular than I
am about the  products I buy. When I am asked to produce perfection, I expect
from other high  end builders. Joe kept getting better and better, as he
bought more high end  tuners and figured out how to make a great custom harp. Try
just one from him  and you may get hooked. Certainly is a better way to spend
your money than many  ways. You don't need a full set if you can't afford it,
maybe just your main  keys. Did I hurt anyone in particular's feelings here,
if so, maybe you should  not be selling custom harps if you don't know how to
tune them. No names  mentioned and I will not mention it off list it. You know
who you are.  SJ