From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, March 06, 2009 9:06 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Cotton

For all those that believe trying to play 100 notes, THIS is how it's
done.
The video stopped after a short time, but I know pretty must everything
Cotton
 will do. He is on the A list of players who can hit one note and you
know
who it  is. I have known James for 30 years now and before that watched
him with
his  ridiculous band with the great Charles Calamese on bass, who met an

untimely  death in a car crash. THAT was one smoking band. This is
before all the
videos  of how to exactly play the harp, you tried to watch Jimmy's face
the
pick up  what he was doing. Yeah, right. His tone is soooo  deep and
full there
will  never be another Cotton. He can play the same riffs with some off
shoots all day  and you never get tired of that tone. Looks like he is
using a ball
mic, perhaps  the 533 spere o dyne he used in the 70's and later. I
think
hundreds of harp  players bought Super Reverb amps just because of
Cotton, and
could not  understand why it didn't sound like that. If everyone can
have that
clip play  all the way through, please let me know so I know it is my
computer
and not the  clip. Thanks for that. We must All go to see and support
Cotton,
as he is  getting up there was very large last time I saw him. He looked
great
in  this clip, was it recent?  If you want to see just how to work an
audience and play from your diaphram, get to see him while we can.  SJ
(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcnt
usyelp00000005)