Re: [Harp-L] why custom harps

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 10:05 AM, Eric Neumann <special20@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Opinion: I respectfully disagree that MS harps can be bada** -
> improved? Heck yeah - but not to the level of bada**.

Wanna bet?  :-)

Personally I don't like the MS harps nor the sp20 but they *can* be
made to scream like you wouldn't believe.  The harps in those pics are
harps I built for somebody else. My harp of choice is the Golden
Melody and then Marine Band.

Aside from building custom harps and combs, I'm making tool sets.  I
haven't seen any tool sets that are worth the price though, Richard
Sleigh offers a very nice one. I'm making my own tools that are
designed for working on harps.  I'm also building a "customizer's"
work set that include all of the necessary tools to make even a MS
Blues Harp a bada** harp.  I'm making reed removal kits and a few
other things.  I have also designed a gig bag that is intended for
harmonica players as I think those Hohner Boxes everyone seems to have
are a little silly.  Regarding the harmonicapros.com site... it's just
a place holder for now.  I was trying out some software and then got
WAY to busy to do anything else. Eventually, I will have a website
that caters to serious harmonica players.