[Harp-L] Re: why I love busking

Great busking stories. Many of them are by folk who started busking then moved on. I still do a lot of busking, mostly so that I can go through my repertoire without interruptions by young family members. I make some money too, which is always welcome.

Busking is wonderful practice. For example Adam Gussow spent many years busking as half of Satan and Adam, which no doubt accounts partly for his astounding technique, displayed so well on YouTube and elsewhere.

I use a small PA and backing tracks. For those interested in my setup, details are at http://www.harmonicatunes.com/busking

I've also written an article on the how and why of busking, which amongst other things describes who actually donates most of the coins. The article is at http://www.performers.net/forums/showthread.php?p=53194#post53194

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.harmonicaacademy.com
...everyone plays