[Harp-L] re: mind and improvisation

Usually I like to have a solo well thought out. When I improvise it's hit or
miss and there's a lot of repetition and stealing from other riffs.  Usually
it's the long winded weekend jam sessions with no audience where I try
different stuff and try to dream up stuff, then I take it home and do drill
work.

For improv practice, I recommend playing along with Dark Star on the
Grateful Dead's Live Dead and trying to play along with Duane Allman on Live
at the Fillmore.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html