[Harp-L] busking

It is not something i would ever choose to do myself ,but if i can answer as a punter having been through probably every underground train system in the world at some stage.
1) if you can really play harp(not just Neil and bob type stuff) you will get people like me ,even if we are in a hurry,throwing something in to your pot.A sort of secret brotherhood thing?

2)Remember that you don't need a huge repertoire,people are mostly on the move after all.

3)One thing for sure is that good harmonica playing will definitely get a bigger pot than mediocre guitar/singing( I've seen a mate ,when I lived in London for a while, collect pound notes after a good blues solo.And the guys throwing it in were often wearing bowler hats and carrying the Times.!?
4)Tunes: Well there are million suitable tunes but imo there is no point in meandering through a tune,punch 'em out.Sonny terry didn't just wave and flap his hands around for sound effects it was the visuals he was after.

Just my 2$ (nz) worth : (1$ us)
Rick
in NZ
The times the times are a changin'