Re: [Harp-L] Any pro's got insight on Little Walters harmonies?

I haven't read the Little Walter credits in many years, so I won't try to list who played on what.

I do certainly agree with what you say about the Meyers brothers and Fred Below.

But, many of those recordings are also the greats, Robert Lockwood Jr. and Luther Tucker, another restrained and interesting pairing of guitarists. Mr Lockwood may be a big part of that jazz influence you are hearing on some tunes. I think there were some tunes with Louis Meyer and Robert Lockwood too.

The Lockwood/ Tucker team are on, I believe, on the majority of Sonny Boy 2's Chess recordings, but I think they played on a lot of Little Walter's too. Most of the "out of the box" jazz chord work I've heard on Chess, I've often believed to be Mr Lockwood. My 2cents, James