Re: [Harp-L] was Public Apology, now customify

Zack wrote:

> I think I get it, do you mean kind of copy the reedwork in a sense?

Johnnieharp wrote:

Not so much to try and directly copy the reed work but to be able to
compare the playing characteristics of your harp to his to better
understand the subtleties of harp set up.

That's a good point. Most of things that make a harp play awesome are things you can't see and by the time you can see them you're past the point where you need to copy anybody. The exception would be gapping and maybe arcing, although with arcing if it's done right, the untrained eye won't notice it unless specifically looking for it. When I started I would have killed for a custom gapped harp to see what I was shooting for...
Basically, when you customify, it all pretty much boils down to one thing... 9/10 of what you do is because of it...
In a nutshell, "Leaking air = bad. Hulk stop leaking air."

Dave
www.elkriverharmonicas.com